Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"So let's get out of here, past the atmosphere‏..." -Andrew Bird



We started out this beautiful P-day with an amazing tour of the Olympic Track and Field Center in Chula Vista! We were able to get the hookups and have a "special tour" thanks to Uncle Craig. : ) We watched the Men's USA Paralympics soccer team practice and go down on the track to meet a lot of the track and field Olympic runners and long jumpers. We were able to go into the weight room and around the campus. It was really awesome to say the least. It would be so cool to be able to come back here and do an internship. Oh, and my new dream job is to be a guide runner for the blind athletes. How cool would that be?!
This week was so crazy. So many blessings. It is killing me that we're already at the end of this transfer!! Only two more transfers :( I'm really hoping that I'll be able to die here in Chula. I can't leave Socorro and Enrique :( I've got to get them married and baptized before I leave! This week, Enrique was in every lesson-participating AND praying! 

We went to the Mormon Battalion on Saturday for a ward activity and they were able to come with us! They came to church on Sunday and for the first time ever, Socorro stayed for the classes. Tonight we are having a lesson and dinner with them and are planning on inviting them to choose a date to get married. Please pray for us. Hermana Aquino and I are kind of freaking out but just really trying to trust the spirit to guide us on what we need to say.
Edwardo wasn't able to come to church with us this week. We had a wonderful lesson with him yesterday and are going to try to put together a family home evening this week with the Familia Quintero.
We put two more baptismal dates yesterday with two new investigators. Marta y Filiberto. They are both in their 50's. Brother and sister. We contacted Marta in front of her house and she told us that her brother was a mormon but died when he was 22. I'm not sure how interested Marta is but, in the word's of Hermana Garcia, Filiberto is "the chosen one". He is so humble and really has a desire to learn more. When I asked him if he wanted to be baptized all he could say was, "Wow. Yes. Wow. But please come back! I need your help to learn more!" hahaha. He's the sweetest.
This week was a bit scary. In the sense of thinking about coming home. I tried to gather all my thoughts and all the things I've learned in the last 14-15ish months. I've learned so much and am so grateful for all the experiences I've had...but a part of me doesn't feel like I've changed enough. I don't know if I'm going to be ready to come home! I keep trying to tell myself what I learned in the MTC from my teacher Hermana Thompson. When I told her I didn't feel like my Spanish was good enough or that I didn't know the lessons or scriptures. Simply put, I didn't feel ready. She would always say, "If you are trying to trust yourself on this, you'll never be ready. Trust in God and you'll always be ready." I don't feel ready to come home and start making all those "big decisions"....but I know that if I put my trust in Heavenly Father and his plan for me, all will work out the way it's supposed to. (I think I just said the word 'ready' 250 times. sorry :/ ) #ready
God is my best friend. I really am learning to put 100% of my trust in him. One of the hardest, most rewarding things I've learned is to swallow my pride and look to him in every decision. I'm still so far from perfect at doing it, but I get a little bit better everyday. With emotional problems, it's difficult to feel the spirit when we're down. So I'm learning to make decisions based on KNOWLEDGE, not on FEELINGS. There are some days where I don't feel good and I want to quit. I want to give in. Even though I feel bad or negative, I know the right thing to do, so I do it anyway. In the end, all works out and I feel the spirit more in my life. 
I know that this church is true. The atonement is real and it's never too late to apply it. I'm thankful the experiences that I'm having and I LOVE CHULA VISTA. I might just have to come back and live/work with Uncle Craig for the rest of my life here :)
Uncle Craig, the best tour guide EVER!
Have a beautiful week.
!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAM!!!!!! 
That is so cool you're starting to play lacrosse! I bet you'll be the best!
Love you all SOOO much :)
Love Hermana P.


No comments:

Post a Comment