Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Foolz



Today I am happy. For many reasons, but mostly
1. I GET TO STAY IN CHULA AND FINISH TRAINING MI HIJA :)
2. GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEKEND
3. DIET COKE WAS ON SALE AT WAL MART
4. IT STOPPED RAINING
5. I GOT MY HAIR CUT
6. IT'S APRIL FOOLS DAY AND I'VE BEEN PULLING THE BEST PRANKS
7. Because I'm alive :)
 
Yeah, today is just a good day. It also was a good week with Socorro and Enrique...well, they failed to come to church on Sunday because Socorro girl was sick. BUT our lessons with them have been solid and very spiritual. We are trying to get them married on April 11 and baptized the following the week.  (Well, at least Socorro. Enrique is really being stubborn on the whole baptism thang.) I think listening to the prophet this weekend is really going to help Enrique with a lot of his doubts. He is such a scary man when you first meet him--but after you get to know him, he's the biggest sweetheart. He loves us so much and told us that he's never liked the sister missionaries before :/ It's a blessing that we get to stay together for one more change to help him continue progressing. Little Enrique has completely stole my heart. He wouldn't leave his room he was so shy but now, he comes out and gives me the biggest hug and hates when I leave. We are bff's. So, yup. Just keep praying for the beautiful family.
 
I've been studying a lot this week about the life of Pilate and the role he played in the life of Jesus Christ. It's incredible to me how scared he was of the Jews and how much his conscious ate at him when he, a man who came from a very logical government, far from spiritual, felt that this man, Jesus Christ, truly was innocent and maybe was the Son of God. He tried to tell the Jews three times (maybe more? not quite sure) that Jesus was innocent...but they still wouldn't listen. 

People during that time were so ferocious and blood thirsty. I understand that Pilate had done many other terrible things prior to the judgement of Chirst...but I don't know how I really feel. If I feel bad for him and consider him innocent...or feel sorry for the fact that he didn't do anything more to stop the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It's interesting to study and think about these things around Easter time. It makes me feel so grateful, to the point of tears, every time I think about what Jesus Christ did for me. For all that he suffered and went through so that I might be able to become a little bit better every single day. I feel like I used to judge people so harshly--but now, with a better understanding of the atonement, I feel my heart is softened and I'm truly learning to love those around me no matter where they currently stand in their lives. It's impossible to put into words the gratitude I have for him.
 
Being a missionary is so hard. It's difficult to be your best 100% of the time...probably  because that's impossible. I used to beat myself up quite a bit on my bad days or when I felt like I needed to stop and regain my strength. Now I know that God is merciful. He understands that we are weak, but through him, we can be made strong. We get through this whole "life thang" together and all he expects of us is to try, try again. It makes hard things worth it. So, yes, what I'm trying to say is, I love the mission. No matter how difficult it may be :) This time is precious and I'm happy that God trusts me this much with his children. Life is perfect and good.
 
Okay beautiful peps. Thanks for all you do. I hate you!!! april fools Love you :)))))
Love, Elder Pendleton

No comments:

Post a Comment