Monday, March 17, 2014

Love is all you need.

Our District

There is so much that happened this week that I'm not really sure where to start or what would be the best things to share.
We were supposed to have an appointment with Socorro on Wednesday but she cancelled. She didn't seem very happy when we talked to her on the phone and wasn't sure when she would want to reschedule. It's always scary when one of your investigators says, "I'll just wait and call you". We were trying to think of a way that we could show her we loved her and that it her baptism would work out with time without bugging her and calling her everyday. I prayed for a couple days and thought of the idea that we should heart attack her door with a big sign letting her know the missionaries love her and her family. Aaaand, it worked :) She called us crying and was so happy. Socorro, Enrique and Enrique jr. all came to church on Sunday and last night, we had the BEST lesson with them. This was the first "real" lesson I've had with Enrique and it was amazing. We were watching the Joseph Smith movie and half way through, he paused it and said, "you know, I used to think that mormons worshiped Jospeh Smith, but now I know that he was just another one of God's prophets"...... :)))) YES. Good, Enrique. Good.
So. We are making progress. They invited us over for dinner and another lesson on Wednesday. Pllllleeeeeassse keep praying for them. Please. They will forever be worth it. I love them so much.
I experienced a miracle this week and know that the power of prayer works. About two weeks ago, we had a family home evening with a family in the ward (Familia Quinteros) and for the activity we taught about conference and how all of us can receive personal revelation as we watch it. We told them all that we were going to receive personal revelation that night through prayer and receive an answer on who we could invited to come and listen to conference with us. We all knelt down, everyone with a pad of paper and a pen, and said a group prayer that heavenly father would let us know who we needed to invited to listen to conference. After we prayed, everyone wrote about 4 or 5 names. Then we did it again, except this time, asking who, out of these 4 or 5 people, really needed to be invited and hear the messages that will be given at conference. We did this until they had 1 or 2 names of people they were going to invite. (Okay, pause the story).
We have been working with a man named Edwardo for about a month now. I found him with Hermana Kelemen. He was sitting outside his house, enjoying the sunshine, next to his walker. He is young--last 40's, early 50's and lives with his wife and 3 kids. He is the nicest man in the world and unfortunately had a stroke 3 years ago and is having to relearn how to walk. He has so much faith and really has made so much progress since I met him. We teach him once a week, every Monday, and last week, we invited him to be baptized. He knows that only God can answer his prayers so he told us he would pray about it. We told him we are having a church activity this Saturday and are going to the Mormon Batallion. Familia Quintero told us that if we had any investigators that we would like to bring, they would be happy to drive them for us. So, we told him that a Familia Quintero, a family in the ward, would be willing to take him and his family if they wanted to go. He smiled and said, I know Familia Quintero. They used to be my neighbors and would invite me to church. We figured out that, sure enough, it was the same family! (Okay, unpause.)
We met with Familia Quintero a couple days ago and told them that we were teaching Edwardo, their old neighbor and that they were going to take him and his family to the Mormon Batallion this Saturday! The Hermana Quintero got really quiet and started to get teary eyed. I thought she was going to tell us she wouldn't be able to take them or something...but once we asked her what was wrong, she smiled and said, "I wrote his name on the piece of paper when we prayed about who we should invited to come and listen to conference with our family. I didn't know how I was going to be able to ask him, but this is our perfect opportunity!"

IT WAS SO COOL!!! WAHOOOOOOOO! BLESSINGS! MIRACLES! COOL STUFF! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
Yeah. So, that was some awesome stuff that happened this week. This mission is amazing. I love it so much. I love good days. Bad days are hard, (duh) but it's true. I'm thankful there is so much sunshine here and I love my companion, Hermana Aquino. She is a superstar and really working hard. She has her struggles but she's making 'em strengths. I'm proud of her for trying her best.
Okay, I love you all so much! Have the best week ever! The church is true and I love you!
Love, KTPyo

No comments:

Post a Comment