Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...


I love singing Changes my David Bowie every time we have transfers. It's always stuck in my head for the entire week and the words really do speak the truth of how changes are.


Valentine's Day was the best day of my entire life. We had a District picnic in the park and a double date with the sisters at the Cheesecake Factory. I then threw it up on the side of the road when we were driving home :-/



Yesterday we did service for German (yes, German from the BYUtv reality show called "The District") and his mom. Their house was DISGUSTING. It could have been on one of those reality TV shows where they go around and clean nasty houses. It took 8 missionaries, 4 members, 3 hours and a lot of cleaning supplies. As we were cleaning, I got really sad thinking about changes this week. I have become so close with every member of our district and wish I could serve with all of them for the rest of my mission. It's been an amazing first transfer- so much fun, so much work, so much success. Our goal as a district was to get every companionship to have 3 investigators, consistently coming to church every week by the end of this change. We worked hard and we did it!  :) AND, all four companionships in our district had a baptism this change. #blessings 

But, sad to say, every companionship in our district is being broken up. After 7 months of Chula Vista, Hermana Kelemen is leaving....and guess who is training a brand new, gringa?! MEEEEE! hahaha. YES! I am so excited to have this opportunity. I trained three times in Chile but never a gringa. It'll be so cool to watch this little, white girl, assuming she doesn't already know Spanish, progress, change, grow and see the blessings of the mission. I can't wait to be her Mama and take good care of her. I am so blessed to be staying here in Chula Vista. Aka, "the promise land" of the San Diego Mission. I am in the district from "The District". This is the place where miracles happen and I thank Heavenly Father every single day for the blessing to be here. He is taking such good care of me. I am happy.

Sing it with me. It's stuck in my head:
"Strange fascination, fascinating me. Ah, changes are taking the pace I'm going through.....Pretty soon now you're gonna get a little older. Time may change me. But I can't trace time."

Socorro is amazing. I feel like she is the reason I came here. We get along so well. We still aren't sure if she is married to Enrique papa. She was married before but her son, Enrique (5), says they are married :/ hahah. so. I'm not sure why we've waited so long to ask her.....but we are just going to be brave and talk to her this week. She wants to get baptized end of March/beginning of April when her LDS brother is here from Arizona. She has committed to keep all of the commandments...except Law of Chastity....which we are teaching her this week. PLEASE PRAY FOR HER.

All of our other investigators are............good? They are fine, just not really progressing. Our district planned a Noche de La Familia that we are putting on tonight. All members, less actives, investigators are coming. I think it'll be a good way for our investigators, who haven't come to church yet, to get to know the church and how it all works in a fun, friendly way.


Okay. Don't really have a cool spiritual thought today. Just happy to be a missionary. I know this church is true. I love Heavenly Father and I love my family. :)
Make it a great week!

Love, Hermana Pendleton

No comments:

Post a Comment