Monday, July 8, 2013

Purify the colours, purify my mind, and spread the ashes of the colours over this heart of mine!‏



What an incredible week! I am here to testify that obedience brings blessings. I was extremely humbled this week and saw miracles. 

Monday was a great last P-day with Hermana Martinez! We spent the day running around Valparaìso, exploring all sorts of crazy streets and eating every kind of new food we could find. Sofia, one of the ward missionaries who loves to come out with us, was our tour guide and we had an absolute blast! Hermana Martinez is going to be a life long friend. There is no doubt about that. Even though we were only together for four weeks, we became the best of friends and seriously kicked some butt with the missionary work! It was so nice to work with someone who put everything they had into working their hardest every single day. It prepared me to become a better TRAINER.

What did I tell you? I told you I would be one of the lucky ones who would have the opportunity to train one of those new seven hermanas! My new companion is HermanaMartinez (otra vez)! She is 19 years old, from Argentina and is ready to work! Once again, I will say, it is SO NICE to work with someone who knows their purpose as a missionary. It drives me crazy to see some of these Hermanas sleeping in until 9 in the morning, staying in the house because the hills are too hard to climb or they are too scared to talk to people. Hermana Martinez has an incredible testimony and we were able to have some incredible lessons this weekend. 


Right now we are working really close with Daniel and Mauricio. We were schedule to have a Noche de Hoger with both of them on Friday. Mauricio at 6 and Daniel at 8. We planning on watching The Joseph Smith Movie with both of them but when we got to Mauricios house, he couldn´t find the remote to his TV to chance the language to Spanish. He was really looking forward to watching this movie so I had the idea, maybe we could invite Mauricio to Daniel´s house and we could have a combined lesson. At first I thought that might be weird to invite an investigator to another investigators house...especially because Daniel already had a fecha for baptism and we were planning on asking Mauricio to be baptized after we watched the movie. I felt really strongly that I needed to invite him, so we did and ended up having a KILLER NDH. We watched the movie and after Daniel asked if he could share his experience about receiving an answer to his prayer about the Book of Mormon. It was incredible to have Mauricio, an investigator, hear the testimony of another investigator preparing for baptism, bear his testimony and share his conversion process. 

Both Daniel and Mauricio came to church yesterday and are becoming friends! They were laughing and joking and being goofs in Gospel Doctrine class. So great. Last night, we stopped by Mauricio´s house to talk to him about church and what he thought. His dad, Mauricio Papa, was there and we were able to teach him Lesson 1 about the Restoration. It was INCREDIBLE because Mauricio hijo was helping us teach the lesson. When we were done, we asked the papa if he would pray to see if it was true and he simply said, "I don´t need to pray. I already know it´s true." WAHOO. So what did I do? You bet I asked both of them if they would Seguràn el ejemplo de Jesucristo! We invited Mauricio to be baptized on 20 Julio with Daniel and the papa to pray about a baptism date for Agosoto. They both said they wanted to pray about it but that they wanted to invited their mom to listen first! Ah, we have a whole family here. It is so amazing. I know they are all going to get baptized. Mauricio called us right after to tell us he did said that he wanted to come to church this Sunday! 

Ah, flip. We have to leave right now to go pick up my visa! There is so much more I want to write about. Just know that I had amazing experiences this week and am super content. I know that the family fast worked. I have been 100% healthy since Friday night and continue to feel great. I even ate a giant ice cream cone and had positive results :) Thank you so much for thinking of me. Please tell the family I love them and am truly blessed to have their love and support. I, too, include the extended family in my prayers and constantly feel their love here in Chile.

This church is true. There is no doubt in my mind that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. I know that every single word in The Book of Mormon is true. I can feel it´s truth every time I read it. I think the thing that I love most about this mission is the opportunity I have to bear my testimony about Jesus Christ. I always had a testimony about our Savior Jesus Christ but now, I feel the spirit of the atonement in my life all the time. I am so thankful for His sacrifice and all that he went through so that I can live with all of you and our Heavenly Father forever. Don´t worry mom. Imma gonna make sure that all of our family chooses to get married in the temple. We will be a family forever. 

Mom and Dad. I read both of your emails and just bawled through both of them. I am so blessed to receive such incredible messages from both of you every week. They are always inspired and exactly the thing that I need to read. Dad, your testimony is unreal. Thank you for your example of diligence and unconditional love for all those around you. Our ward is extremely blessed to have such an amazing bishop.
I love all of you and hope you have an incredible week! Thank you so much for being so cool and the best family EVER.

All my love,
Hermana Pendleton

No comments:

Post a Comment