Monday, May 6, 2013

Love and Some Verses...

Holy Family,

I love you so much. I am so happy to hear that dad's surgery was successful and he now has perfect eyes. Cam!!! I loved hearing about your rockets (and you are so freaking cute in the picture mom sent me. I have the hottest little brother evah - heartbreaker.) I remember when Daddy Scott used to take Jer and I to launch of rockets after church. Great memories. Always a good time. Becca, you are 100% in my prayers for your AP Tests. While I was praying for you and your AP tests the other night, I started laughing because I thought about the time I was helping you study for one of your tests. I was trying to figure out ways to help you memorize your vocabulary words and I couldn't pronounce ANY of the words right. Hahahaha. Good times. You are way smarter than me. DON'T STRESS. It's just a test. It's just a piece of paper. Do your best and carry on with life. TAY TAY. How we doin, little lady? I am always thinking about you and your sweet smile. Did you get my letter? JEREMY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am happy to hear my package got to you in time. I hope you have a beautiful day. Kiss Tina's tummy for me.
 
I was stoked to hear that Cub and Ashtyn came to visit! They are sweethearts. Tomorrow is Caleb's birthday....I am going to attach a picture of me with a birthday sign for Caleb, Gentrie, Jeremy, Sarah Hoer and Mckenna Peck...and Ali Malan.  Because I forgot her birthday in April :/ I have forgotten so many people's birthdays it's not even funny. You know me and how I love to celebrate and make birthday's special. It's difficult for me to not be able to make people feel special on their birthday's....and I feel even worse when I FORGET about birthday's. So...Forgive me everyone. I love you no matter what age you are.

This email is going to be a shorty because we have a zone activity in just a bit. I get to talk to you all in less than a week so I'll be able to give you the FULL update then.
 
We spent a lot of time with the obispo (bishop) this week. He is such a freaking stud. He has been the bishop for Y-E-A-R-S because he does such a great job with the members and are ALWAYS wanting to work closely with the missionaries. We had a couple amazing lessons with him and our investigators and on Saturday, we had a really fun Noche de Hogar (FHE) in his house with Nibaldo, Ramon and Nicolas. We watched a movie on the Salt Lake Temple and Hernmana Calderon taught us all how to make a whole bunch of different foods from Columbia. Working with the bishop lots makes me realize how much you do for our family dad. It's not easy being the bishop, but you do a great job at balancing being a dad, a bishop and supporting the family with work. THANK YOU! I love you.
We are teaching a couple, Mario and Elsa, and they are simply amazing. Elsa doesn't understand anything we teach and doesn't want to stop drinking coffee...so she simply listens and gives us chocolate. They have two sons, Fernando (18) and Jonathan (20) who aren't interested in the church but we thoroughly enjoy their friendship. They are amazing boys and are so respectful to their parents. Yesterday, Mario came to church for the first time AND bore his testimony!!! Hahah, It was incredible...The only thing keeping him from baptism is, he's not married to Elsa :/ 
WHY ARE NONE OF OUR INVESTIGATORS MARRIED!?
Bahhh, it's so frustrating!!! So, we are working on that.
 
Other than that, this week was full of emotion, bad lessons, good lessons, lots of walking and trying to learn this freaking language. I feel like I am progressing. Little by little.
 
Hermana Calderon is amazing. I love her and we are becoming good friends. We definitely have our differences but we are good at communicating. 
 
Thank you for your love and support! I am looking forward to Sunday! This church is true! I love the Book of Mormon. I want Nephi to be single in the next life.
 
All my love,
Hermana Pendleton
 
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment