Monday, May 13, 2013

And I miss you, even when you're around...

Our District in La Serena
 
Mom, 
I think we are connected. This morning during personal study, I read from D&C 11 and I loved how in verse 9 it says, "Say nothing but repentance unto this generation. Keep my commandments, and assist to bring forth my work, according to my commandments, and you shall be blessed". I loved this scripture because it´s the gospel in a nutshell. The plan is simple but at times, the things that we need to accomplish can be very difficult.
 
I had a friend write me in the MTC and she asked, "Why does God let such terrible things happen in this life? Especially to people who don´t deserve to go through these hard things?" Everyday I am able to find another answer to this question. It´s all part of the plan. We all must go through hard things in this life...After reading in the D&C, I read from 1 Nephi 16 when Nephi breaks his bow...I LOVE THE BOOK OF 1 NEPHI... AND I LOVE NEPHI. His faith and courage never cease to amaze me. But anyway, I can´t remember the specific number, but I am pretty sure the word "humble" is used about 4 times in this particular chapter. The wicked take the truth to be hard, but when they humble themselves, they can see the truth. Laman and Lemuel murmur, but receive forgiveness when they humble themsleves. Nephi humbles himself when he is given yet another difficult task to accomplish. 
 
In your email, Mama, you said, "I have learned that humility is essential to acquiring this knowledge."   I loved that you shared that with me and I, too, am learning that, without humility, there is no way I could do this mission, learn this language, or ever face difficult challenges without humility, faith and obedience. THAT is how we make it through those hard times when we find ourselves asking the question, "Why does God give us trials and challenges?"
 

Okay, that is my spiritual thought for the day. Thank you so much for your short emails family :) Yesterday was absolutely incredible! I loved every second of it and wish I could see your beautiful faces more often. It was so weird....five minutes after we hung up, our skype conversation felt like a dream...like it never happened. The mission is weird, I tell ya. I wish I could have spent time with each of you individually...I hope all of you know that I love and care about you dearly. I am so grateful to have such an amazing family with loves and cares about me. Mom and Dad, THANK YOU for all that you have done for me and continue to do. Your example is beyond amazing and I hope to be as incredible as you two are someday when I have my own kids.
 
Hahaha. I keep laughing to myself every time I think about how hard it was for me to talk in English. My head hurt so bad after we hung up. It was hard to go back to talking in Español with Hermana Calderon. I've got to get back at it though, because this week we will be really focusing on Nibaldo and trying to get him ready for baptism! I can´t believe this is the last week of my second transfer. Time is flyyying. We need to find new investigators ASAP and really work hard on teaching the family of Nibaldo. 
 
Nibaldo and me after he passed his baptism interview!!
WAHOO, HAND HUGS!

 
It was so fun to see Grandma Pendleton, Uncle Bob, Nanny, Jerry and my new nephew. ;)
Becca, I am SO PROUD OF YOU FOR MAKING DANCE COMPANY AND DOING WELL ON YOUR AP TESTS!!! Tay Tay, I truly have missed your smile. Cam, THANK YOU for making me laugh. Hahaha. I miss your sense of humor and just laughing with you. Jer, you advice was perfect. I wish I could have spent an hour talking about your mission with you.  Tina, we didn´t get to talk much but you looked so beautiful. Keep being healthy for you and the baybay!!
 
Love you all!
 

Skyping with the family on Mother's Day!
 
Jerry, I forgot to tell you...
but last week we had a pool tournament for P-day. 
I totally killed it thanks to you and your teaching skillz.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment